We have been working hard at The Tynings to become better learners.
Are you a purple learner?
We talk a lot at The Tynings! Sometimes talk can help us learn, sometimes talking is not helpful. We have been thinking about helpful and unhelpful talk in our classrooms.
These are examples of what we think is helpful talk at The Tynings….
- Asking a question;
- Explaining an answer;
- People asking for help;
- Talking about your work with your friends;
- Helping your partner work out the answer to a difficult question;
- Saying ‘good morning’ politely;
- Sharing your ideas;
These are examples of what we think is unhelpful talk at The Tynings….
- Chatting when you should be listening;
- Being mean;
- Shouting out;
- Saying mean things about someone else’s work.
- Talking about things that are not to do with your learning.