As a school, we receive £8,000 per annum, in addition to £5 per pupil, to spend on improving and maintaining high quality P.E. and Sport in school.
During the academic Year 2013-14 our allocation was £5529.
During the academic Year 2014-15 our allocation was £8858.
During the academic Year 2015-16 our allocation was £9,248.
During the academic Year 2016-17 our current allocation is £9,339.
Sports Premium and Impact – Sports Premium evidence and impact 2016 – 17
Year 6 swimming competency (from academic year 2016-17)
Sports Premium and Impact – Evidencing the Impact of Sport Premium – May 2018
Vision for PE at The Tynings
At The Tynings, we aim for all pupils to leave the school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Our aims for the academic year 2017 – 18 are:
- To engage all pupils in regular physical activity, helping to encourage healthy active lifestyles
- Raise the profile of PE and sport across the whole school
- Increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Offer children a wider range of sport and activities, both in curriculum time and during after school clubs
- Increase pupil participation in competitive sport