Children are expected to wear school uniform as we believe a uniform identifies our school and promotes a spirit of community and pride.
Any items of uniform with our school logo may be obtained from Initially Yours online at www.initiallyyours.co.uk or from their shop at 11 Soundwell Road (tel 0117 995 0909). We encourage you to ‘shop around’ for all other items.
The uniform consists of:
- Grey trousers (no leggings), or grey pinafore dress or skirt
- Grey short trousers (not sports shorts)
- White / Red blouses or polo shirts
- Red cardigan, sweatshirt or jumper (with either the school logo or no logo at all)
- Red and white striped or checked gingham dresses may be worn during the summer term.
- Black shoes (no trainers please) Shoes with high or narrow heels are not allowed.
- Black, red or white socks or tights in keeping with the colours of the uniform as far as possible.
- Reception children: smart black jogging bottoms with no logo or stripes can be worn.
- Year 6 children will wear a grey and red striped tie with white shirt or blouse (long or short sleeved,) and a plain red v-neck jumper or cardigan
We also strongly advise children to wear hats during the warmer weather. Children should also have wellies and waterproofs in school at all times.
For P.E., all children should be provided with:
- Black shorts
- T-shirt in the colour of your child’s House* – either with school logo or plain
- Daps (pull-on, not laces, are preferred for younger children)**
- Black jogging bottoms for cold weather
- Sweatshirt for cold weather (ideally a school one)
- A draw-string bag to hold the PE Kit.
* When they start school, Reception children will need a white T-shirt for PE (as they will be allocated to a House later in the year).
**Please note that daps are not required until after Easter (terms 5 and 6) in Reception.
In KS2, children should also have warm wear during winter months for outdoor PE.
All clothing and personal property must be clearly marked with the child’s name. In the interest of social training, however, every child is expected eventually to be responsible for his or her own property and learn how to take care of it.
Fashion items of dress are not part of our school uniform.
Forest School Kit
- Waterproof coat
- Waterproof trousers (or old trousers although jeans are not suitable as they absorb lots of water and mud)
Principles of Forest School:
All learners are given regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence, self-esteem and independence skills through hands-on learning experiences in our wonderful school grounds. Children are encouraged to take responsibility for their learning in all areas of Forest School – from getting dressed in appropriate outdoor clothes (doing up own coats etc) to managing risks in the outdoor environment. We believe this is equipping the children with fundamental life skills which they can apply to different life situations.
In line with South Gloucestershire policy, jewellery is not permitted in school apart from one small stud earring is permitted in each ear and a wrist watch.
No jewellery is permitted when children take part in swimming lessons.
Second Hand Uniform Shop
You will find a rack of clothing for sale to the left of the reception desk when you come in to school. Any item on this rack that is marked “SH” on the label is available for you to buy. We ask for a donation to school funds for any item of clothing you want. We recommend the following donations:
- Shirt / blouse: £1
- Trousers / Skirt / Dress / Jumper or Cardigan: £2
You can make any donation to school fund for the items on the rack – please give your money to Mrs Mundy or Mrs Johns in the office.
Do you have any school uniform that we put in the second hand shop? Please wash it and give it to the school office.
All money raised is used to help subsidise school events (trips, theatre productions, etc).
Please note, this is NOT lost property.
However anything that is given to the office without a name in will be put in the second hand uniform shop.
You can buy all our logo’ed school uniform online at www.initiallyyours.co.uk or visit their shop at 11 Soundwell Road (tel 0117 995 0909).